Risk Assessment Form
Please download the latest version of the Risk Assessment Form from the POLIS website.
Risk Assessment Procedure
1. Every graduate student should complete a risk assessment when applying for Leave to Work Away.
2. The completed risk assessment should be approved and signed by the supervisor and submitted to the PhD Administrator. When you apply for Leave to Work Away, you will be asked to confirm that you have an approved risk assessment in place.
3. Students conducting fieldwork that do not need to apply for Leave to Work away will still need to complete the risk assessment form and send the completed form to the PhD Administrator and PhD Director.
4. All completed risk assessments are kept in the student’s electronic file along with a check in log of contact with the student, when this is required (see below).
5. The PhD Administrator will sign up to Foreign and Commonwealth Office travel email alerts for each country where students are conducting fieldwork.
6. A complete risk assessment is a requirement when applying for Fieldwork Funding.